Monday, June 14, 2010

Jet Blue... Two thumbs up to you!

So it's 4:44ish on a Monday morning and I decide that now would be a great time to purchase a plane ticket. I jump on Jet Blue's website and try to book my flight. All is well and good until my credit card info doesn't work. I try another card just in case and it's still a no go. Not to be discouraged I decide to call and book my flight the old fashioned way, talking to an actual person. I end up with a nice gentleman I'm guessing in his late thirties with a fantastic Australian accent. I'm thrilled to be on the phone with someone with a tolerable speaking voice. Usually when I call any customer service line it's a slightly older woman with an annoying voice who yammers on and on and calls you hun. The last part of the transaction is sending the confirmation email. It ended up taking a minuet to sort out because he had misheard me and misspelled it on the first try. After we sorted out that it was kitten not kipten he told me not to be ashamed of my email and that he hears strange email addresses all the time. I had to then explain that it was LI for Lithium my kitten. I know, I'm leaning dangerously towards crazy cat lady. He said he's more of a dog person, and that his dog is asleep behind him.I was curious at this point to what time zone he was in, so I asked. Apparently Jet Blue ticket agents work from home and their home base is in Salt Lake City. How random. The even better part is that he had to tell me he was originally from Australia but had lived in Salt Lake for 15 years. I like how he said it like I hadn't heard the accent. He was a very helpful ticket agent and made my experience with Jet Blue fantastic. I would just like to say: thank you random Australian ticket agent for helping me get a ticket to Colorado... Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must be going to see some one special